With the world moving towards constant innovation, it wasn’t long that huge names like Apple, Samsung, Pebbles would choose to step into the world of smartwatches. With each brand coming with its own version of what they consider smart, unique, and creative, it often gets confusing to decide which one you should be investing in. Here is our little guide on the best 5 smartwatches in the market at the moment so that you can make a better informed decision about where to put in your money.
Samsung Gear S2
Samsung has been trying hard to establish its name in the market of smartwatches but it has failed to achieve the success it deserves till now. This particular smart watch is the best one Samsung has come up with till now.
- It has a smart and sophisticated design.
- Great interactive display which is more close to the traditional watches and resembles less to that of a smartwatch.
- Intuitive interface
- It is certified by IP68 which means that it can stay in a meter of water for over 30minutes.
- Supports almost all the smartphones
- 3 different designs: 42mm Gear S2 at 47g, the 40mm Samsung Gear S2 Classic weighs 42g, and the 44mm Samsung Gear S2 3G at 51g.
- 2 days of battery backup
- Interface has lagging issues
- Minor bugs that do not go away even after regular updates
- Has connectivity with limited applications
For a smartwatch lover, Samsung seems to have nailed it with this one. Its traditional design and interactive display with the rotating buttons is what has us swooning over it. In terms of design and software, it is the best alternative to all the smartwatches that you would find in the market currently.
Apple has stepped into the market of smartwatches with the intention of offering something unique and different to the users with their watches. The price ranges from $349 and goes on to a whopping $17,000. (Yes, you read it right). So, this brings us to the important question: Is it really worth emptying your bank accounts for? Let’s find that out.
- Design has always been one of the most identifying features of Apple. The watch, too, lives up to the company’s reputation.
- Scratch resistant
- Water resistant
- Made of solid stainless steel
- Loaded with software and useful applications
- You can send and receive messages and use it for calls as well.
- It takes ages to charge the battery which lasts for only 18hours.
- It is compatible with only iPhone5 or 6.
- It is extremely expensive compared to its counterparts in the market.
A watch that costs twice as much as any normal watch and with half the battery life, it certainly seems like an expensive alternative. It does, however, send heartbeat as well, if that may be of any use to you. It is however, just the beginning for Apple. So we can hope improvements with their future versions.
Motorola Moto 360
It was one of the first smartwatch to have made it to the market. With its sleek design and circular face, it was quick to grab everyone’s attention. However, with so many other smartwatches competing in the market, it would need a further re-evaluation to judge where the watch stands in current times with its competitors.
- Beautiful design which to-date remains to be the best one in the market which is a perfect blend between traditional and contemporary designs.
- IP67 rating along with Corning Gorilla Glass and stainless steel make it scratch resistant
- A wireless charging sensor with the charging sensor included in the package
- A voice-based OS extension to help with notifications
- It has sharp performance
- The voice based OS has a poor voice recognition
- The features show a lot of glitches
- It is not water-resistant
- A mere 320mAh battery is not sufficient
- Fairly expensive than its counterparts
It was a good watch to have and it stirred a lot of waves in the market. However, if you are looking for a smartwatch with a good battery life and more comfort than its predecessors than the second generation watches by Motorola are a better option.
Sony SmartWatch 3
This smartwatch is everything which its counterparts isn’t. It is a watch that has won all smartwatch lovers’ heart. It did have all its competitors to learn from to figure out what exactly the user wanted, but despite that it has does a fairly good job in matching up to the users’ expectations.
- Unlike all the other smartwatches, it is square in its design which means that it is smarter and more convenient to use
- It has an offline GPS which can track activities even without a phone
- It may not be able to drive for you but its GPS can surely help you while you are driving
- It is IP68 certified which means that it is water-resistant
- It has a very good battery time
- Supports many OS and applications
- It doesn’t support many accessories
- It is yet to be made compatible with sony applications
- Doesn’t support maps when offline
- GPS goes off rail quiet often
Despite its flaws, it is one of the best smartwatches that you would find in the current. It has the best of everything and once Sony has made all the necessary changes into it, the watch is bound to get even better.
LG Watch Urbane
LG has been one of the few smartwatch makers who have brought in something new and unique to the era of smartwatches. They made sure that the device that was worn on the wrist was worth all the money spent.
- It is one of those few smartwatches which not only functioned well, but was also great t look at.
- It had a sleek and attractive design
- It has the highest battery capacity: 700mAh, the best that is offered so far
- IP67 certified which means that it is scratch resistant as well
- It comes in two color options
- It is bulky and very heavy to wear which makes it an uncomfortable weight on the wrist
- It has a stiff leather strap which can get irritating
- It is fairly expensive than the other smartwatches in the market
- No microSD card slot
- There is no mobile web browser
The LG Watch Urbane is one of the best smartwatches to have made it to the market but it is its high price which makes it a hard sell. The features, though, are one of the best and competitive with all the other smartwatches in the market.